These almond-flavored cookies can be left plain or decorated with colored sugar and frosting. In our house, it just wouldn't be Christmas without them.—Tanya Hart, Muncie, Indiana
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pink and red colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Spritz Cookies in Quick Cooking December 2000, p10
Reviews for Almond Spritz Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review