Almond Spritz cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Green and red colored sugar, chopped candied cherries and red frosting, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Immediately add cherries if desired, lightly pressing onto cookies. Cool on wire racks. Decorate with frosting if desired. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Spritz cookies(4)
Sort By :
I used to make spritz every Christmas, using my Swedish grandma's recipe. This year is the first year she's not here and I had lost her recipe. This one is almost identical to hers and the cookies turned out really good. I had to refrigerate them for a while though, because they got too soft and then I had to warm them up just a bit to get them softened again. Will definitely be making these again next Christmas!
I placed 1/4 of a cherry and green sprinkles to the cookies before baking. This worked fine. An excellent recipe-the batter works well in a cookie press.
Spritz cookies are my favorite!
I made these at Christmas and they worked well in my cookie spritz.