Almond Spice Cookies
When my family has the taste for something sweet, this is the recipe I usually reach for. Everyone unanimously declares them delicious!
30 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar; add egg substitute and extract.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in
- almonds. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are
- golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 cookies) equals 85 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.