When my family has the taste for something sweet, this is the recipe I usually reach for. Everyone unanimously declares them delicious!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar; add egg substitute and extract. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in almonds. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Spice Cookies in Country Woman November/December 1997, p36
Reviews for Almond Spice Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review