Almond Sole Fillets Recipe
"My husband is a real fish lover," reports Erna Farnham of Marengo, Illinois. "This buttery treatment is his favorite way to prepare sole, perch or halibut." It cooks quickly in the microwave, so it's perfect for a busy weekday.
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 1 pound sole fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and almonds. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until almonds are golden brown.
- Place the fillets in a greased microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Top with almond mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper; drizzle over fish. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Almond Sole Fillets in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Almond Sole Fillets(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2009
This is our favorite fish dish. Its quick and delicious. I love the almonds with the fish.
Cathy from Apple Valley, CA