Almond Snack Mix Recipe
Sliced almonds and almond extract set this crunchy Chex mix apart. Lisa Hess, Bountiful, Utah, says, "Be forewarned...once you start eating it, you can't stop!"
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) Rice Chex
- 2-3/4 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Place cereal and almonds in a large bowl; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 250° to 266° (hard-ball stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Pour over cereal mixture; mix well. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cool. Toss to break apart. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 316 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC