Almond Snack Mix Recipe
Sliced almonds and almond extract set this crunchy Chex mix apart. Lisa Hess, Bountiful, Utah, says, "Be forewarned...once you start eating it, you can't stop!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:20 servings
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) Rice Chex
- 2-3/4 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Place cereal and almonds in a large bowl; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 250° to 266° (hard-ball stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Pour over cereal mixture; mix well. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cool. Toss to break apart. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 316 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC