Almond Snack Mix Recipe
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) Rice Chex
- 2-3/4 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Place cereal and almonds in a large bowl; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 250° to 266° (hard-ball stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Pour over cereal mixture; mix well. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cool. Toss to break apart. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 quarts.
1 cup: 316 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Almond Snack Mix
"Oh so good! Once you start munching you can't stop. When I made 2nd batch, I added 1/2 cup of flaked coconut after cereal mixture was coated. Great addition."
"My kids and grandchildren love this recipe. We make it often"
"Made this for my kids years ago when it first came out in the magazine. DS called yesterday to request another batch. :)"
"My husband and I both liked this very much.It is a great snack!"
"This recipe is such a family favorite that my brother-in-law requested that I make it for his birthday gift. It is a great snack food that you cant just eat a little bit of. It is addicting."
"I made the mistake of doubling it - too much to mix while hot. I also want to try it with vanilla and almonds. Everyone really liked it. I will make it again, in smaller batch..."
"My family loves snack mixes and this is one of their top favourites. We will be making this many more times."
"I made this and my family loved it. Its easy and Yummy. I also make it and pour it over popped corn too!"
"Our family LOVES this snack mix. I add white chocolate chips after mixing. Wonderful almond flavor."
"I made this and took it to a church social. Nobody liked it much. My family told me that I don't need to make this again. Not good ratings here. Thanks anyway."