Almond Snack Mix Recipe
Sliced almonds and almond extract set this crunchy Chex mix apart. Lisa Hess, Bountiful, Utah, says, "Be forewarned...once you start eating it, you can't stop!"
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) Rice Chex
- 2-3/4 cups Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Place cereal and almonds in a large bowl; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 250° to 266° (hard-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Pour over cereal mixture; mix well. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cool. Toss to break apart. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 quarts.
Originally published as Almond Snack Mix in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p61
Reviews for Almond Snack Mix(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Kids Snacks >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Snack Mix >
- Super Bowl Party Appetizers >