- 1 package (17.6 ounces) Rice Chex
- 2-3/4 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Place cereal and almonds in a large bowl; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 250° to 266° (hard-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Pour over cereal mixture; mix well. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cool. Toss to break apart. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 quarts.
Reviews for Almond Snack Mix
"Oh so good! Once you start munching you can't stop. When I made 2nd batch, I added 1/2 cup of flaked coconut after cereal mixture was coated. Great addition."
"My kids and grandchildren love this recipe. We make it often"
"Made this for my kids years ago when it first came out in the magazine. DS called yesterday to request another batch. :)"
"My husband and I both liked this very much.It is a great snack!"
"This recipe is such a family favorite that my brother-in-law requested that I make it for his birthday gift. It is a great snack food that you cant just eat a little bit of. It is addicting."