Almond Snack Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until light and lemon-colored. Gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating until combined. Stir in the butter, flour, salt and extract.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with almonds and remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Almond Snack Cake(10)
Sort By :
This cake was very, very good and very easy to whip up . . . a dangerous combination!!!! I did have to bake it for about 35 minutes to test done, but once it was done, did not have any of the previously mentioned problems with the cake not being done. We will be making this again and again!
This recipe is delicious, and I would definitely make it again. It does sink a bit however, which is why I gave it four stars.
I will never make this cake again when I'm home alone. I loved it waaaay tooo much. My husband only got 4 out of the 10 pieces. It's a good thing I exercise a lot:)
This cake is excellent! I shared it with 7 others and it got rave reviews and requests for the recipe. I will definitely be making it again. The only change I made was to sprinkle half the amount of sugar called for over the top of the cake. It was great!
I htink we will like these the next time I make them. Unfortunately, I tested them at 25 minutes and got a clean pick, however after they cooled, they would not at all cooked and fell in the middle. It was dough-city from that point on. Very disappointing. I'm surprised that no one else mentioned the problem with the baking time???