"Buttery, rich and delicious, Almond Sandies are my husband's favorite cookie and very popular wherever I take them," remarks Joyce Pierce of Caledonia, Michigan.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add extract; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add
- to creamed mixture. Fold in almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 300° for 22-24 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool
- for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 146 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.