Almond Sandies Recipe
"Buttery, rich and delicious, Almond Sandies are my husband's favorite cookie and very popular wherever I take them," remarks Joyce Pierce of Caledonia, Michigan.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in almonds.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 22-24 minutes. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 cookie: 74 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Almond Sandies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC