"Buttery, rich and delicious, Almond Sandies are my husband's favorite cookie and very popular wherever I take them," remarks Joyce Pierce of Caledonia, Michigan.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add extract; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 22-24 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Sandies in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p54
Reviews for Almond Sandies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review