- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add extract; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 22-24 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Sandies
Sort By :
Makes a very crisp, very light cookie. Tastes very buttery and yummy. Can't go wrong with this recipe!
Dough was just dry crumbles that did not 'stick' together to form cookies to drop on the sheet. I actually wondered if eggs or liquid had been inadvertently omitted from the recipe. I adjusted the recipe to make the
Toffee Almond Sandies. That dough turned out as expected.