Almond Salmon Patties Recipe
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the egg yolks and sour cream. Add bread crumbs and seasonings. Stir in salmon. In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold into the salmon mixture. Shape into 12 patties; coat with almonds.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet; fry patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with lemon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 414 calories, 29 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 629 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.