Almond Rusks Recipe
I grew up in Scandinavian community and enjoyed many Swedish treats as a child. This is one recipe I've kept through the years, and it's become a favorite snack for my nieces and nephews. It is crunchy yet not too sweet...a delicious treat to take along on any outing!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and oil. Combine flour, almonds, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture until well combined. Chill until firm.
- 2. Divide dough into three pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-in. x 2-in. rectangle; place on a greased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°.
- 4. Carefully cut each rectangle into 1/2-in. slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 219 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC