Almond Rock Candy Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 6 drops green or red food coloring
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1. Butter a baking sheet pan; set aside. In a heavy small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and food coloring. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in almond extract. Immediately pour onto prepared baking sheet. Quickly spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Using a sharp knife and working quickly, score into 1-in. squares.
- 3. Recut rectangle along score lines until candy is cut into squares. Let stand at room temperature until dry. Separate into squares, using a knife if necessary, or break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 pound.
1 serving (2 each) equals 40 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Almond Rock Candy
"My family loves candy at Christmas and this recipe is one we will be making many times. It's easy and fun and we do it as a family."