Almond Rock Candy Recipe
This isn't your ordinary rock candy! The difference lies in the almond extract Nancy Bohlen adds to the mix. "I regularly give batches to our daughter's Sunday school teachers for Christmas," she notes from her home in Brookings, South Dakota.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 6 drops green or red food coloring
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1. Butter a baking sheet pan; set aside. In a heavy small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and food coloring. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in almond extract. Immediately pour onto prepared baking sheet. Quickly spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Using a sharp knife and working quickly, score into 1-in. squares.
- 3. Recut rectangle along score lines until candy is cut into squares. Let stand at room temperature until dry. Separate into squares, using a knife if necessary, or break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 pound.
2 each: 40 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Almond Rock Candy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC