Almond Rock Candy Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 6 drops green or red food coloring
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- Butter a baking sheet pan; set aside. In a heavy small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and food coloring. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in almond extract. Immediately pour onto prepared baking sheet. Quickly spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Using a sharp knife and working quickly, score into 1-in. squares.
- Recut rectangle along score lines until candy is cut into squares. Let stand at room temperature until dry. Separate into squares, using a knife if necessary, or break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 pound.
Originally published as Almond Rock Candy in Country Woman November/December 2001, p40
Reviews for Almond Rock Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2009
"My family loves candy at Christmas and this recipe is one we will be making many times. It's easy and fun and we do it as a family."