Almond Rice with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 5 cups water, divided
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring 4 cups of water, rice and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in milk and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until milk is absorbed and rice is creamy. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds and extract. Cool slightly; cover and chill.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining water; add raspberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cover and chill.
- 3. Just before serving, whip cream until soft peaks form; fold into rice mixture. Spoon into individual serving dishes and top with raspberry sauce. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 516 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 523mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Almond Rice with Raspberry Sauce
"Love this receipe, I've made it alot Taste great and looks wonderful."