Almond Rice Seasoning Mix Recipe
With its lemon and dill flavors, this side dish is ideal alongside any entree. "I've been making it for more than 10 years and my family still loves it," Linda Emery writes from her Tuckerman, Arkansas home. "Add cubes of leftover cooked chicken for a fast main course," she suggests.
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 7 batches (1-1/3 cups total).
- 2. To prepare rice: Shake seasoning mix before measuring. In a large saucepan, bring broth and 3 tablespoons mix to a boil. Add the rice, butter and lemon peel. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Yield: 3-4 servings per batch.
1 each: 204 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Almond Rice Seasoning Mix
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC