- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 7 batches (1-1/3 cups total).
- To prepare rice: Shake seasoning mix before measuring. In a large saucepan, bring broth and 3 tablespoons mix to a boil. Add the rice, butter and lemon peel. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Yield: 3-4 servings per batch.
Originally published as Almond Rice Seasoning Mix in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p46
Reviews for Almond Rice Seasoning Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review