Almond Rice Pudding (Ris a l'amande) Recipe
This rich and creamy rice pudding is traditionally served at Christmas Eve dinner in Scandinavia. The cherries give it a holiday look.
- 8 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium grain rice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or raspberry pie filling
- Toasted slivered almonds
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in chopped almonds and extract. Fold in whipped cream. Garnish with pie filling and slivered almonds. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup: 379 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Almond Rice Pudding (Ris a l'amande)
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC