- 8 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium grain rice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or raspberry pie filling
- Toasted Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, stir in chopped almonds and extract. Fold in whipped cream. Garnish with pie filling and slivered almonds. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Almond Rice Pudding (Ris a l'amande) in Country Woman November/December 2006, p48
Reviews for Almond Rice Pudding (Ris a l'amande)(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2012
Ate it for the first time during Christmas in Denmark. It's really delicious! I can only recommend it!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pudding Recipes >