Almond Rhubarb Coffee Cake Recipe
"This moist golden cake stirs up quickly and is long on old-fashioned flavor," reports field editor Dawn Fagerstrom from Warren, Minnesota.
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk. Beat until smooth. Stir in rhubarb and almonds. Pour into two greased 9-in. round baking pans.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine sugar and butter; stir in almonds. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 336 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Rhubarb Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC