- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk. Beat until smooth. Stir in rhubarb and almonds. Pour into two greased 9-in. round baking pans.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine sugar and butter; stir in almonds. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Almond Rhubarb Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"Tasted great right out of the oven. Unfortunately, as it sat (overnight -- I planned to take it to a work function in the morning) it got soggy and the oil became really pronounced. You can actually taste the vegetable oil. I liked the initial flavors, though, so next time I'll try the "Makeover" version."