- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 cup sugar and water to a boil. Add the rhubarb. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Combine flour and remaining sugar; stir into rhubarb mixture. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in butter and almonds. Reduce heat to low; stir occasionally or until butter is melted.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Whisk egg and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Pour hot rhubarb mixture into a 2-qt. shallow baking dish. Drop topping into six mounds over the rhubarb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Almond Rhubarb Cobbler in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p65
Reviews for Almond Rhubarb Cobbler(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review