Almond-Raspberry Tossed Salad
My husband and I helped prepare this summery salad for a weekend retreat. The recipe served 60 to 80 people, so I modified it to use at home. The sweet-tart dressing is wonderful over romaine with toasted almonds and fresh raspberries.
-Jennifer Long, St. Peters, Missouri
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, raspberries and almonds. In a
- blender, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and process until
- smooth. Serve with salad. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 140 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.