My husband and I helped prepare this summery salad for a weekend retreat. The recipe served 60 to 80 people, so I modified it to use at home. The sweet-tart dressing is wonderful over romaine with toasted almonds and fresh raspberries. -Jennifer Long, St. Peters, Missouri
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, raspberries and almonds. In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Serve with salad. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Almond-Raspberry Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p31
Reviews for Almond-Raspberry Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review