- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 can (12 ounces) raspberry cake and pastry filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (12-1/2 ounces) almond cake and pastry filling
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Fresh raspberries
- Line two greased 9-in. round baking pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder; beat into egg mixture. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter until butter is melted; beat into batter. Spread into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in Amaretto; cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and extract; beat until smooth. In a small bowl, combine raspberry filling and lemon juice; set aside.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; brush with 3 tablespoons syrup. Top with 1/3 cup almond filling and 1/3 cup raspberry mixture; repeat layers twice.
- Top with remaining cake layer; brush with remaining syrup. Frost top and sides of cake with frosting. Press sliced almonds onto sides of cake. Garnish with raspberries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Almond Raspberry Torte in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Almond Raspberry Torte(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >