Almond Raspberry Stars Recipe
The first Christmas that I baked these, I ended up quickly making a second batch! The whole family enjoyed them. —Darlene Weaver, Lebanon, Pennsylvania
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. Stir in flour. Shape into a ball; cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. With floured cookie cutters, cut dough into equal numbers of 2-1/2-in. and 1-1/2-in. stars. Combine the almonds, sugar and cinnamon. Brush small stars with egg white and immediately sprinkle with almond mixture. Leave large stars plain.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake small stars at 350° for 10 minutes and large stars for 12 minutes or just until the tips begin to brown. Cool on wire racks.
- 4. To assemble, spread enough jam over large star to cover the center. Top with a small star; press lightly (jam should show around edge of small star). Repeat. Let jam set before storing cookies in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
2 cookies equals 152 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC