- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. Stir in flour. Shape into a ball; cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. With floured cookie cutters, cut dough into equal numbers of 2-1/2-in. and 1-1/2-in. stars. Combine the almonds, sugar and cinnamon. Brush small stars with egg white and immediately sprinkle with almond mixture. Leave large stars plain.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake small stars at 350° for 10 minutes and large stars for 12 minutes or just until the tips begin to brown. Cool on wire racks.
- To assemble, spread enough jam over large star to cover the center. Top with a small star; press lightly (jam should show around edge of small star). Repeat. Let jam set before storing cookies in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Raspberry Stars
Sort By :
These cookies are very good. However, the star cutouts I used were very pointy and tended to break off easily. However you can substitute hearts or diamonds or other cookie cutters that come in graduated sizes. Also, I used apricot filling as well as raspberry and we liked both very much. I will definitely add this to my Christmas cookie recipes.
Can someone please tell me where I can find the 2 different sizes of the 8 point star cookie cutter, so I can make these?