In case there was any doubt, here's proof that diamonds are a girl's best friend. Yum!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam or preserves, warmed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat and add 1 cup chips. Let stand, without stirring, to soften chips.
- In a bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar; beat until thickened and lemon colored. Beat in chip mixture and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread raspberry jam over warm crust. Stir remaining vanilla chips into the remaining batter. Spoon over raspberry layer. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 16 bars.
Originally published as Almond Raspberry Diamonds in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p269
Reviews for Almond Raspberry Diamonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2009
"I make these every Christmas. They were an award winning recipe!"