In case there was any doubt, here's proof that diamonds are a girl's best friend. Yum!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam or preserves, warmed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat and add 1 cup chips. Let stand, without stirring, to soften chips.
- In a bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar; beat until thickened and lemon colored. Beat in chip mixture and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread raspberry jam over warm crust. Stir remaining vanilla chips into the remaining batter. Spoon over raspberry layer. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 16 bars.
Originally published as Almond Raspberry Diamonds in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p269
Reviews for Almond Raspberry Diamonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review