Almond Puff Pastries Recipe
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Cut each sheet into nine 3-in. squares. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water; brush over pastry squares. In another bowl, beat egg white; add almonds and sugar. Spread over each square.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until well puffed and browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 3. Split pastries in half horizontally. Fill with whipped cream; replace tops. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 18 servings.
1 each: 302 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Almond Puff Pastries
"Absolutely one of my favorite things to make. Guest think I bought them at the Pastry Store."