Almond Puff Pastries Recipe
My husband comes from a family of almond growers, so I use almonds often in my baking. These puff pastries have a crisp topping and creamy filling. Barbara Harrison, Monte Sereno, California
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Confectioners' sugar
- Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Cut each sheet into nine 3-in. squares. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water; brush over pastry squares. In another bowl, beat egg white; add almonds and sugar. Spread over each square.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until well puffed and browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Split pastries in half horizontally. Fill with whipped cream; replace tops. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Almond Puff Pastries in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p68
Reviews for Almond Puff Pastries(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2009
Absolutely one of my favorite things to make. Guest think I bought them at the Pastry Store.