Almond Praline Cakes Recipe
Cute and chocolaty, these mini cakes are moist and rich with a crunchy almond crust. "The original recipe was so good that I just had to pare it down, and the new recipe is still delicious without a lot of leftovers," Kendra Doss relates from Smithville, Missouri.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. Pour into four 8-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with almonds; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Spoon over almonds.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of ramekins to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert plates. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cake equals 410 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC