Almond Praline Cakes Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. Pour into four 8-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with almonds; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Spoon over almonds.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of ramekins to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert plates. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cake equals 410 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Praline Cakes
"Delicious! My fiance raved about this. I didn't have ramekins, so put it in a small round pan. It overflowed a little and wasn't as pretty as the picture, but it tasted wonderful. I loved that it's a small cake, not as many leftovers! Next time I will try it with pecans."
"To make it more like german chocolate cake, I used pecans instead of almonds and sprinkled some coconut over the pecans before putting the batter over it. PERFECT! I almost put whipped topping on it before eating it but changed my mind. SO glad I did. It didn't need anything extra. Thank you for the recipe for a wonderful dessert for two!"
"This was a GREAT recipe! I wanted to make my husband german chocolate cake (and me!) but he is really trying to cut down on sweets. Since I was cooking our early Valentine's meal, I wanted to make a special sweet but on a smaller scale. This was PERFECT!!!"
"This is excellent. I used pecans instead of almonds, it was wonderful. I put a little cool whip on it."
"Very good and moist cake! Next time, I would make extra caramel sauce to drizzle over the cake for presentation."
"These are easy and if you spray the cups and take out after 5 minutes they fall out of cups. Very easy and nice quick dessert."
"The idea of this was a bit better than the result. The problem was the praline toppping stuck to the ramikins. I had to scrap it out and pile it on top of the cakes. The taste was good and I liked the portion, not a huge cake I'll be tempted to eat. I will make other versions with fruit and different flavors."