Almond Pound Cake
I’m happy to share a third generation family recipe with you. This cake is rich and buttery and it has a lovely golden brown crust.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries and whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and
- confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Beat just until combined.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 60-70 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve with
- raspberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 cakes (12
- servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without raspberries and whipped cream) equals 289 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.