Almond Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries and whipped cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Beat just until combined.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve with raspberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 cakes (12 servings each).
1 slice: 289 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Almond Pound Cake
"I made this recipe and both cakes fell in the middle. I am wondering if there is a missing ingredient such as baking powder ....taste is great"
"My family loved it! Even my husband, who hates ANY kind of cake, ate a piece. I'm not exactly Betty Crocker, so the fact that it came out good was pretty impressive. I did add almond slivers across the top, though."
"My family and I love the cake. I have make it 3 times in the last 4 months. It's a good cake."
"I don't know what went wrong with this recipe but it had to bake for a very long time, an extra 40 minutes and was still a bit gooey inside. I am wondering about the butter, maybe 2 cups is too much? that is a lot of butter. And 6 eggs?? It actually fell the first time I took it out of the oven. Tastes okay but unless I can correct this, I won't make it again."
"too heavy, I'll try one with baking powder next time"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.