- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries and whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Beat just until combined.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve with raspberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 cakes (12 servings each).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Almond Pound Cake
Sort By :
"My family and I love the cake. I have make it 3 times in the last 4 months. It's a good cake."
"I don't know what went wrong with this recipe but it had to bake for a very long time, an extra 40 minutes and was still a bit gooey inside. I am wondering about the butter, maybe 2 cups is too much? that is a lot of butter. And 6 eggs?? It actually fell the first time I took it out of the oven. Tastes okay but unless I can correct this, I won't make it again."
"too heavy, I'll try one with baking powder next time"