I'm happy to share a third-generation family recipe with you. This cake is rich and buttery and it has a lovely golden brown crust. Seasonal fresh fruit is perfect with this one. —Margie Dalton, Chicago, Illinois
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries and whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Beat just until combined.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve with raspberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 cakes (12 servings each).
Originally published as Pound Cake in Country August/September 2008, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Almond Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review