Almond Potato Puff
Our garden produced an abundance of potatoes so we eat them often. This recipe is a refreshing change from fried or mashed potatoes. My children love the almond topping. It truly tastes as good as it looks.
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes; drain
- and place in a bowl.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add to potatoes. On
- low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Beat in cream
- (the mixture will be thin). Add the ground almonds, salt and nutmeg.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and
- almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 336 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium,