Almond Potato Puff Recipe
Our garden produced an abundance of potatoes so we eat them often. This recipe is a refreshing change from fried or mashed potatoes. My children love the almond topping. It truly tastes as good as it looks.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and place in a bowl.
- 2. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add to potatoes. On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Beat in cream (the mixture will be thin). Add the ground almonds, salt and nutmeg.
- 3. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 336 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC