Almond Potato Puff Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and place in a bowl.
- 2. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add to potatoes. On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Beat in cream (the mixture will be thin). Add the ground almonds, salt and nutmeg.
- 3. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 336 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Almond Potato Puff
"Dish is very bland. Needs something to make it have some taste."