- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and place in a bowl.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add to potatoes. On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Beat in cream (the mixture will be thin). Add the ground almonds, salt and nutmeg.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Almond Potato Puff in Country Extra January 1997, p49
Reviews for Almond Potato Puff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2008
"Dish is very bland. Needs something to make it have some taste."