- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and place in a bowl.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add to potatoes. On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Beat in cream (the mixture will be thin). Add the ground almonds, salt and nutmeg.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Almond Potato Puff in Country Extra January 1997, p49
Reviews for Almond Potato Puff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2008
"Dish is very bland. Needs something to make it have some taste."