Our garden produced an abundance of potatoes so we eat them often. This recipe is a refreshing change from fried or mashed potatoes. My children love the almond topping. It truly tastes as good as it looks.
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and place in a bowl.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add to potatoes. On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Beat in cream (the mixture will be thin). Add the ground almonds, salt and nutmeg.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Almond Potato Puff in Country Extra January 1997, p49
Reviews for Almond Potato Puff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review