Almond Potato Candy
When my mother was a child, my grandmother would make this as a substitute for expensive store-bought marzipan. I've since added the melted chocolate, which gives it more richness. —Betty Hartigan, Calgary, Alberta
60 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 2 cups whole blanched almonds, finely ground
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Additional confectioners' sugar or ground almonds
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, almonds, sugar, cocoa and
- almond extract; mix well. Add melted chips and stir well. Cover and
- refrigerate for several hours. Shape teaspoonfuls into balls; roll
- in sugar or almonds. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 54 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.