Almond Potato Candy Recipe
When my mother was a child, my grandmother would make this as a substitute for expensive store-bought marzipan. I've since added the melted chocolate, which gives it more richness. —Betty Hartigan, Calgary, Alberta
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 2 cups whole blanched almonds, finely ground
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Additional confectioners' sugar or ground almonds
- 1. In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, almonds, sugar, cocoa and almond extract; mix well. Add melted chips and stir well. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Shape teaspoonfuls into balls; roll in sugar or almonds. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 each: 54 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Almond Potato Candy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC