When my mother was a child, my grandmother would make this as a substitute for expensive store-bought marzipan. I've since added the melted chocolate, which gives it more richness. —Betty Hartigan, Calgary, Alberta
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 2 cups whole blanched almonds, finely ground
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Additional confectioners' sugar or ground almonds
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, almonds, sugar, cocoa and almond extract; mix well. Add melted chips and stir well. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Shape teaspoonfuls into balls; roll in sugar or almonds. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Potato Candy in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p107
Reviews for Almond Potato Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review