Almond Pork Chops with Honey Mustard Recipe
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1. In a food processor, process the almonds until finely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl; add bread crumbs. In another bowl, beat the eggs. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. Dip in eggs, then coat with almond mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chops in oil and butter for 5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey and mustard. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with about 3 tablspoons sauce equals 642 calories, 40 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 204 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Pork Chops with Honey Mustard
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.