Almond Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
We hosted a beautiful wedding for our son, James, and his bride, Margret, and served these lovely loaves to their guests. The recipe came from a dear friend, Judie Tobin.
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs, poppy seeds, lemon juice and extracts; beat until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk, beating just until moistened.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm loaves. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 197 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Poppy Seed Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC