Almond Poppy Seed Bars Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter flavoring or additional vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, milk, oil, extracts and butter flavoring. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt; add to the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost bars. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 115 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Almond Poppy Seed Bars
"great. didn't even need the frosting."
"I made 1/3 of the recipe into 6 cupcakes. Loved them!Used the Stevia/sugar baking blend at the half-the-sugar-called-for level; use white-wheat flour; baked the cupcakes for 25 minutes; added just a drop of almond extract in the frosting.The cupcake was not terribly sweet, but with the frosting they're quite wonderful!"