With a flavor and texture similar to baklava, this delightful dessert appeals to young and old alike. It's especially delicious with honey drizzled over the top.—Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, toasted
- 1/4 cup unblanched whole almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 cup honey, divided
- Place pistachios and almonds in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add the sugar, butter and cinnamon; cover and process until blended.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface. Spray with butter-flavored cooking spray. Repeat with second layer. Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to avoid drying out. Spread 1/3 cup nut mixture over phyllo to within 1 in. of sides; drizzle with 1 tablespoon honey. Layer with two more sheets of phyllo, spraying each layer with cooking spray.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from the short side. Repeat with remaining phyllo, nut mixture and honey.
- With a sharp knife, cut each roll into six pieces; place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 16-20 minutes or until golden; drizzle with remaining honey. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Almond-Pistachio Dessert Roll-Ups in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p85
Reviews for Almond-Pistachio Dessert Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review