Almond Pie Bars Recipe
"I love almonds, and they really shine in these chewy bars," enthuses field editor Pat Habiger of Spearsville, Kansas.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. For the crust, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the sugar, almonds and flour; stir in the remaining filling ingredients.
- 3. Pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 167 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Pie Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC