Almond Petits Fours Recipe
Dainty, bite-sized cakes are often the highlight of a ladies' luncheon. Our home economists share their mouthwatering version here.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- Assorted food coloring
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; coat the paper with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the almond paste, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut cake in half widthwise. Spread jam over one half; top with remaining half. Cut into assorted 1-1/2-in. shapes.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water and cream of tartar. Cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 226°. Remove from the heat; cool at room temperature to 100°. Stir in extracts. Using a portable mixer, beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Tint glaze with food coloring.
- Gently dip petits fours, one at a time, into warm glaze. Remove with a fork; allow excess glaze to drip off. (If glaze becomes too thick, stir in 1 teaspoon hot water at a time to thin.) Place petits fours on wire racks over waxed paper; let dry completely. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Petits Fours in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p201
Reviews for Almond Petits Fours(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review