Almond Pear Tart Recipe
I had never seen a " pie without a pan" until my daughter brought back this wonderful recipe from a Rotary Club exchange program in Belgium.—C. B. (Sherry) LaMay, Capitan, New Mexico
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears (about 4 medium)
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and flour; add pears and toss to coat. Spoon over the pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Sprinkle with almonds; bake 5 minutes longer. Using the parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 269 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Pear Tart
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC