I always bake muffins on the weekends and freeze them for breakfasts or snacks during the week. I take a few out in the morning, and they thaw by the time I get to work.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped peeled pear (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, yogurt, milk, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pear and almonds.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 15 muffins.
Originally published as Almond Pear Muffins in Best of Country Breads 2000, p17
Reviews for Almond Pear Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review