Almond Pear Chutney Recipe
My sweet, chunky chutney-flavored with orange, almond and ginger-is great with chicken, turkey or pork. You can prepare it a couple of days in advance and use it to dress up a plain weekday supper.
- 4 cups chopped peeled ripe pears
- 1 small unpeeled navel orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped unblanched almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large saucepan, combine the pears, orange, water and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; stir in almonds and ginger. Serve warm or cold. May be refrigerated for up to 1 week. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Almond Pear Chutney in Country Woman September/October 2006, p41
Reviews for Almond Pear Chutney(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review