Almond Peanut Butter Squares
I don't need to shop around to find a Christmas gift that's always appreciated. These easy-to-prepare squares suit anyone who has a taste for homemade treats. —Thelma Waggoner, Hopkinsville, Kentucky
72 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups whole unblanched almonds
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; butter the foil and set aside.
- Butter the sides of a heavy saucepan; add the sugar, honey and corn
- syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil,
- without stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; immediately
- stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and almonds.
- Pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until
- completely cooled. Cut into squares. Individually wrap pieces in
- plastic wrap, foil or waxed paper; twist ends. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 75 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.