Almond Peanut Butter Squares Recipe
I don't need to shop around to find a Christmas gift that's always appreciated. These easy-to-prepare squares suit anyone who has a taste for homemade treats. —Thelma Waggoner, Hopkinsville, Kentucky
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups whole unblanched almonds
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; butter the foil and set aside.
- 2. Butter the sides of a heavy saucepan; add the sugar, honey and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, without stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; immediately stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and almonds.
- 3. Pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until completely cooled. Cut into squares. Individually wrap pieces in plastic wrap, foil or waxed paper; twist ends. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 75 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC