I don't need to shop around to find a Christmas gift that's always appreciated. These easy-to-prepare squares suit anyone who has a taste for homemade treats. —Thelma Waggoner, Hopkinsville, Kentucky
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups whole unblanched almonds
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; butter the foil and set aside.
- Butter the sides of a heavy saucepan; add the sugar, honey and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, without stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; immediately stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and almonds.
- Pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until completely cooled. Cut into squares. Individually wrap pieces in plastic wrap, foil or waxed paper; twist ends. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Peanut Butter Squares in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p38
Reviews for Almond Peanut Butter Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review