Almond Peach Muffins Recipe
Meet the Cook: If you're looking for a good "brown bag treat", try these. I also make them for breakfast and at-home snacks. Usually, I'll bake a double batch so we can eat some hot from the oven and pop the others in the refrigerator to heat later. My husband and I have a son who's 4 and a baby daughter who's 9 months. -Robin Henry, Sugar Land, Texas
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and extracts; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches and almonds. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Peach Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC