Almond Peach Muffins
Meet the Cook: If you're looking for a good "brown bag treat", try these. I also make them for breakfast and at-home snacks. Usually, I'll bake a double batch so we can eat some hot from the oven and pop the others in the refrigerator to heat later.
My husband and I have a son who's 4 and a baby daughter who's 9 months.
-Robin Henry, Sugar Land, Texas
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. In
- another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and extracts; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches and almonds. Fill
- greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Editor's Note: A 14-1/2-ounce can of peaches, drained and chopped, may be substituted for the fresh peaches.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium,