- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a small heavy saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in confectioners' sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Add lemon peel. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in extract. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the peaches, cream and almonds. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Almond Peach Gelato
Sort By :
"I made this as one of my 4th of July desserts. My mother in law found out recently she's a diabetic. I knew this would be perfect since se loves anything with peaches. She took a taste and loved it! I'm checking this site for a lot of holiday diabetic desserts.'cause I love cooking and baking with sugars and ect, but need to find healthy ones for my momma in law. Thank you taste of home and creator of this gelato. Great hit!!"